While at the FMA rally in January we saw another coach with a factory installed circular dinette table and chairs. While at the FMA rally in January we saw another coach with a factory installed circular dinette table and chairs. We decided to replace our booth dinette with the same arrangement. The most difficult part of the project was finding a 42 inch or smaller circular dining room table. We settled on a 42 inch oak table with no leaf and four chairs.
The following are the steps we used to make this replacement.
Removing the Booth:
1. Remove the table, then grind the rivets from the table retainer and pry the retainer from the wall.
2. Remove the cushions from the booth, then remove the visible screws in the bottom and sides of one of the booths.
3. Pry the inside of the upper section of paneling from the inside of the booth. It is held in by staples.
4. Look closely and you will find more screws that hold the dinette to the walls. Remove them.
5. If all the screws have been removed, carefully pry the booth away from the wall. It should be disconnected.
6. If it hangs up, check again for a hidden screw or one you have missed.
7. Once one booth is removed, follow the above steps to remove the other booth.
8. Clean up the area and repair any small holes you might have caused to the walls.
Installing the Circular Table:
1. Unpack and assemble the table and chairs according to manufacturer instructions.
2. Place the table and chairs in place of the booth. Place them where you would when using them. Adjust the table legs for a firm stance.
3. Now place the table and chairs in the position they will travel. We used a packing blanket to cover the table and separate the table and chairs.
4. Determine the right location to attach Velcro straps to secure the table, then us bungee cords to hold the chairs to the table.
- Submitted by Jim Fox
The DISCOVERY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC, was formed to promote the sharing of information and the camaraderie of fellow Discovery motorhome owners. Membership in the club is limited to owners of Fleetwood Discovery motorhomes.