Copyright 2019 Discovery Owner's Association, Inc.

Pre-Heater Fire

On October 13, 2001, members Herbert Bryant and Emma Cody smelled smoke in thier 1996 D. They found smoke coming from under the bed. Fortunately, they had a proper fire extinguisher nearby and were able to extinguish or it would have totally consumed their coach. They are full-timers, and this would have been especially disasterous.

They had approx $800 damage to their coach and personal items. Below are photos of the damage. The fire is believed to have started in the plastic A/C receptacle for the OEM engine block heater. All D owners are encouraged to check their coach and replace the plastic receptacle with a metal one as a safety precaution.



WHO WE ARE

The DISCOVERY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC, was formed to promote the sharing of information and the camraderie of fellow Discovery motorhome owners. Membership in the club is limited to owners of Fleetwood Discovery motorhomes.

GET IN TOUCH

Website Questions
Email Webmaster
Membership Questions
Email Membership Coordinator

SEARCH THIS SITE